CANAL+ Switzerland has existed for more than 18 years and belongs to the CANAL+ Group, leader in the broadcasting of premium and thematic channels along with the distribution of pay-TV offerings.
The CANAL+ Group broadcasts six premium channels with modern, entertaining and committed programmes. It offers a unique format of universal channel, including cinema, sport, news, fiction, documentary and entertainment.
The Group is also a reference player in the free-to-air television with its three French channels - D8, D17, iTélé - and its advertising sales house.
Moreover, with STUDIOCANAL, the CANAL+ Group is a European leader in the production and distribution of cinema films and television series.
Brice Daumin, Director of CANAL+ Switzerland, regarding their partnership with the FSR :
- "CANAL+ is a historic broadcaster of rugby. Since its inception more than 30 years ago, CANAL+ has covered the sport and has contributed to the professionalization of French rugby and to the development of TOP 14.
Its coverage of rugby events clearly enhanced the viewer’s experience thanks to its image processing, commentators’ expertise and the relevance of their reviews.
CANAL+ Switzerland logically decided to partner with FSR in order to participate in the development and promotion of this sport on the Swiss territory.
- Rugby is one of the pillar Sports in the Group’s policy, together with Football, Golf and Motor Sports. CANAL+ has covered rugby since its founding more than 30 years ago and has the will to continue being part of its development.
- The CANAL+ Group deals with its flagship themes - cinema, sport, series - with passion and handles information with rigour and integrity.
Its trademark - an irreverent and off-the-wall tone, premium image processing and appealing editorial content - conveys the desire to put the viewer at the heart of its concerns, in order to bring to him a unique moment of pleasure and entertainment.
CANAL+ Switzerland commits itself with respect alongside the FSR, eager to participate in the development of this team sport and contribute to the promotion of its values."
DHL Express ist Logistikpartner der FSR seit 2014, und gehört zur DHL Gruppe. DHL ist eine der Weltweit grössten Versand und Logistik Firmen. Die Tochtergesellschaft DHL "Express" transportiert schnell und verlässlich dringende Dokumente und Ware von Tür zu Tür, in über 220 Ländern.
Das Ziel von DHL ist es das Leben seiner Klienten zu vereinfachen und ihren Erfolg sowie den seiner Mitarbeiter und Investoren zu unterstützen. Der Schweizer Rugby Verband freut sich DHL "Express" Schweiz zu seinen Partnern zählen zu dürfen.
Brigitte Koch, Marketing Communication Manager of DHL Express (Switzerland) Ltd, regarding their partnership with the FSR:
- "DHL Express is the offical FSR’s logistics partner since July 2014.
- DHL and Rugby are having a longstanding relationship since we were for example Official Logistics Partner of the Rugby Worldcup in 2011 and again of the next Cup in 2015. We see tremendous synergies between a sport that is built on teamwork, passion and the will to succeed and the values that we strive to bring to life every day for our customers. We would like to show these similarities also in the local Swiss market since our international success is built on the local strength of our teams and the market they work in. Therefore FSR is the right partner for us to emphasize these core values and our common sense for commitment to excellence.
- We see a lot of common core values between DHL and Rugby: teamwork, passion, will to succeed, speed and accuracy to name only a few. These values are in our view outstanding for Rugby and our daily engagement to deliver excellence to our customers".
Ecoservices SA, ein Partner der FSR seit 2012, ist ein Ingenieur-Büro welches im Bereich Umwelt und Sicherheit tätig ist. Heute zählt Ecoservices 26 Mitarbeiter in der Leman Region. Ecoservices arbeitet im Bereich Umweltschutz und Sicherheit am Arbeitsplatz bei Grossprojekten (Koordination der Sicherheitsvorkehrungen beim Bau der CEVA in Genf, Untertützung des Baus des Chillon-Viaduktes im Kanton Vaud, Unterstützung des Baus des Emosson Dammes im Wallis, Sanierung des Bodens in Genf). Ecoservices spezialisiert sich ausserdem auf die erforschung von potentiell gefährlichen Substanzen in Gebäuden (zum Beispiel Asbestos) und ist zudem ein bekanntes professionelles Ausbildungszentrum. Wir danken Ecoservices für Ihre Unterstützung des Schweizer Rugbys.
Eric Dubouloz, Co-Direktor von Ecoservices SA, über die Partnerschaft mit dem FSR:
- "Ecoservices SA ist FSR-Partner seit 2012, für eine Dauer von 4 Jahren.
- Ecoservices teilt die zentralen Werte des Rugbys, inklusive Integrität, Leidenschaft, Solidarität, Disziplin und Respekt. Ecoservices teilt ausserdem das Engagement vis-a-vis der Sicherheit und dem Rugby-Spirit. Beide haben Vorrang vor der Regel selbst. Zusätzlich war ich selbst einmal Rugbyspieler, und bin weiterhin als Schiedsrichter aktiv.
- I would strongly recommend for other companies to join us in supporting rugby and particularly the FSR financially. Rugby is a great team game, a sport where the goals are not individual but team-oriented, which permits to highlight strength, subtlety and intelligence of every player to go forward together.
- Switzerland will certainly remain a "small" rugby nation for a long time, but I hope that the clubs will continue growing with more women, more young players, and an ever-increasing warm public. This way, the school of life that is rugby will continue to benefit many more enthusiasts, young and old".
David Nicaise, Director of Rugby Store Grenoble, regarding their partnership with the FSR :
- "Rugby Store Grenoble exists for 5 years.
At Rugby Store Grenoble, rugby is a passion and the team master a lot of skills around rugby, service and commerce. Our main customers are distributed on three axes, the fashion (in shop), the players (amateurs or professionals) and the clubs. Our main advantage is that we prefer quality to quantity and that we accompany our customers as close as possible to their needs. We designed an offer around the brand Kappa, a centennial brand, created in 1916. To date, Kappa is a major supplier of the Top14 in France and is delighted to equip via its representative Rugby Store Grenoble, the Swiss Rugby Union.
- Knowing that rugby is in full development in Switzerland, we wanted to become a partner of the FSR because we choose to join the project of evolution of the Federation and Swiss rugby, we support its training policy and we want to share and exchange around the values of rugby. As such, we have concluded a federal offer with the FSR for clubs wishing to equip themselves with the equipment supplier of the national teams.
- The common values between Rugby Store Grenoble is rugby are no longer to be demonstrated and are paramount in the management of our company, namely, solidarity, blend and respect. All this obviously in a convivial and family spirit. Every day that passes is a struggle to advance, one of the fundamental notions of Rugby. At Rugby Store Grenoble this value is the engine of development. Obviously, the spirit of team is also one of the pillars of our internal operation, and allows us to win beautiful victories.
- This season marks the accession of the Nati to the rank of the 18 best European teams. Many changes are to be noted but still a real desire to live an unusual human and sporting adventure. It is for this reason that the sporting partnership is of paramount importance in helping to complete this fabulous project. But the development of other collectives is also a major vector of training and communication. This is why sponsorship must increase exponentially with the support of companies. We therefore encourage business leaders wishing to invest in a business network, to support the Swiss Rugby Union, to show their belonging and their national attachment to the Edelweiss knitted jersey.
- The swiss rugby is a bit at the crossroads, in its will to train young rugbymans and to make them evolve to their best possible level. The site is vast but once again this "crusade" will certainly be a positive point for all the actors of rugby in Switzerland."
Minerva International Tutors - a division of Minerva Tutors Ltd - offers professional private tutoring services to families in Switzerland and around the world. We provide specialist residential tutors and educational advice for non UK residents wishing their children to take entrance exams to top British independent schools at 7+, 11+, 13+ and 16+.
Whether they are hired to stay with the family for a week, 6 months or one year, our tutors are dedicated to providing a world-class education for all age groups and exam boards, including GCSE, IGCSE, A LEVEL and IB. They are trained to motivate, encourage and inspire their pupils to success; success in the classroom and the world beyond. Our Universities team also offers consultancy, tuition and interview training for entrance to Oxbridge, Cambridge, UCL and other top British Universities. For those seeking to apply to American Universities we have a dedicated team of American University Consultants, who will help you make the right decisions with your choices. Our professional SAT tutors also provide specific SAT training and tuition.
For more information please call our London office on 0208 819 3276
Hugh Viney, Director of Minerva Tutors Ltd, regarding their partnership with the FSR :
- "We have been a partner with the Federation of Suisse Rugby since the start of 2015.
- We chose to support rugby because it has always been both my favourite sport to play and to watch. At the age of 7 I joined Hove Rugby Club in Sussex and played competitively throughout my education, until I was 18, where I captained the 1st XV at Stowe School.
- While I no longer play competitive rugby I still enjoy regularly watching it on TV or - when I get the chance - at Twickenham. I am very much looking forward to watching England play Wales at Twickenham in the group stages of the 2015 World Cup.
- As well as valuing discipline, organisation and teamwork highly, our tutors have 3 key goals with their pupils: to motivate, encourage and inspire. A rugby coach will have the same goals with his or her players.
- Furthermore, whilst a great coach will inspire victories on the pitch, and a Minerva Tutor will inspire results in the classroom; both inspire success in the world beyond".
Yona Lee, Direktor von YONA LEE DESIGN STUDIO, über die Partnerschaft mit dem FSR :
Wir sind eine multikulturelle Design Agentur mit Sitz in Lausanne und einem Partnerstudio in New York. Seit 2011 wurden wir für unsere Arbeit mehrfach mit renommierten internationalen Preisen ausgezeichnet und konnten eine nationale und internationale Kundschaft für uns gewinnen, die unsere interdisziplinäre Herangehensweise wertschätzt. Unsere Kompetenz umfasst Corporate Design, Kampagnenumsetzungen und Grafikanimationen, sowie Web- und Applikationsdesign.
- Glücklicherweise erhielten wir 2015 durch Canal+ den Auftrag, die Kampagne für ihre Partnerschaft mit der FSR zu entwickeln. Dies war der Beginn der Zusammenarbeit mit dem Verband. Als Mitglied der “Seoul Wanderers” - beste Rugby Frauenmannschaft Südkoreas - teile ich meine Leidenschaft für Sport und Design. Ich habe der FSR angeboten, ihre visuelle Kommunikation zu bearbeiten. Seither erfreue ich mich einer andauernden Zusammenarbeit.
- Design ist Mannschaftssport. Und Rugby ist gewissermassen Kunst. Beide weisen grosse Ähnlichkeiten auf. Ich würde sagen die Leidenschaft, die Kreativität, die technischen Kompetenzen und nicht zuletzt der Teamspirit. Sei es im Sport oder im Design: hinter jedem Erfolg steckt eine starke Zusammenarbeit und ein energiegeladenes Kreativteam.
- Ich ermuntere jedes Unternehmen, den Schweizer Rugby oder eine andere Sportart, die ihre Leidenschaft mit ihr teilt, zu unterstützen. Es ist eine bereichernde Erfahrung und der Schweizer Rugby bringt Teamspirit, Strategie, technisches Know-How und Durchsetzungsvermögen zusammen.
- Ich bin überzeugt, dass Rugby in der Schweiz zunehmend an Beachtung gewinnen wird und hoffe, dass wir der FSR als Agentur unseren Beitrag zu nachhaltiger Sichtbarkeit leisten können.
The Swiss Rugby Federation has been a member of World Rugby (ex IRB) since 1988. World Rugby is the international governing body for the sport of rugby, responsible for the organisation of the rugby world cup, the junior rugby championship, the 7’s world cup, the IRB Sevens World Series, the Pacific nations Cup, and many other events.
Switzerland has been affiliated to Rugby Europe (formerly FIRA-AER: Fédération International de Rugby Amateur - European Association of Rugby) since 1974. Under the authority of the IRB, Rugby Europe organises the European Nations Cup, the European championship in the U18, U20, and Sevens Categories, and the Seven’s Grand Prix Series.
Swiss Olympic is at the same time the national Olympic committee of Switzerland and the key association of Swiss Sports Federations, which represents both Olympic and non-Olympic disciplines. It finances the Swiss anti-doping foundation which supplies services on mandate of Swiss Olympic and the federal office of sport, with the aim of contributing to fight against doping fight in sport.
Rugby will be re-introduced into the Programme of the Olympic Games in 2016, making its first appearance in Rio, with a Men's and Women's Sevens Tournament.
“Youth & Sport” is the federal organisation which promotes sports to young people. All of our coaches and instructors have followed a specialised education in the field of rugby with “Youth & Sport” and are certified through the programme. Our coaches and instructors have the obligation to complete a continuing education programme to keep up-to-date in order to participate in championships and tournaments.
The FSR would like to thank Maurizio Monticelli, programmer of this website, for his work and creativity.