CANAL+ Switzerland has existed for more than 18 years and belongs to the CANAL+ Group, leader in the broadcasting of premium and thematic channels along with the distribution of pay-TV offerings.
The CANAL+ Group broadcasts six premium channels with modern, entertaining and committed programmes. It offers a unique format of universal channel, including cinema, sport, news, fiction, documentary and entertainment.
The Group is also a reference player in the free-to-air television with its three French channels - D8, D17, iTélé - and its advertising sales house.
Moreover, with STUDIOCANAL, the CANAL+ Group is a European leader in the production and distribution of cinema films and television series.
Brice Daumin, Director of CANAL+ Switzerland, regarding their partnership with the FSR :
- "CANAL+ is a historic broadcaster of rugby. Since its inception more than 30 years ago, CANAL+ has covered the sport and has contributed to the professionalization of French rugby and to the development of TOP 14.
Its coverage of rugby events clearly enhanced the viewer’s experience thanks to its image processing, commentators’ expertise and the relevance of their reviews.
CANAL+ Switzerland logically decided to partner with FSR in order to participate in the development and promotion of this sport on the Swiss territory.
- Rugby is one of the pillar Sports in the Group’s policy, together with Football, Golf and Motor Sports. CANAL+ has covered rugby since its founding more than 30 years ago and has the will to continue being part of its development.
- The CANAL+ Group deals with its flagship themes - cinema, sport, series - with passion and handles information with rigour and integrity.
Its trademark - an irreverent and off-the-wall tone, premium image processing and appealing editorial content - conveys the desire to put the viewer at the heart of its concerns, in order to bring to him a unique moment of pleasure and entertainment.
CANAL+ Switzerland commits itself with respect alongside the FSR, eager to participate in the development of this team sport and contribute to the promotion of its values."
DHL Express ist Logistikpartner der FSR seit 2014, und gehört zur DHL Gruppe. DHL ist eine der Weltweit grössten Versand und Logistik Firmen. Die Tochtergesellschaft DHL "Express" transportiert schnell und verlässlich dringende Dokumente und Ware von Tür zu Tür, in über 220 Ländern.
Das Ziel von DHL ist es das Leben seiner Klienten zu vereinfachen und ihren Erfolg sowie den seiner Mitarbeiter und Investoren zu unterstützen. Der Schweizer Rugby Verband freut sich DHL "Express" Schweiz zu seinen Partnern zählen zu dürfen.
Brigitte Koch, Marketing Communication Manager of DHL Express (Switzerland) Ltd, regarding their partnership with the FSR:
- "DHL Express is the offical FSR’s logistics partner since July 2014.
- DHL and Rugby are having a longstanding relationship since we were for example Official Logistics Partner of the Rugby Worldcup in 2011 and again of the next Cup in 2015. We see tremendous synergies between a sport that is built on teamwork, passion and the will to succeed and the values that we strive to bring to life every day for our customers. We would like to show these similarities also in the local Swiss market since our international success is built on the local strength of our teams and the market they work in. Therefore FSR is the right partner for us to emphasize these core values and our common sense for commitment to excellence.
- We see a lot of common core values between DHL and Rugby: teamwork, passion, will to succeed, speed and accuracy to name only a few. These values are in our view outstanding for Rugby and our daily engagement to deliver excellence to our customers".
Yona Lee, Direktor von YONA LEE DESIGN STUDIO, über die Partnerschaft mit dem FSR :
Wir sind eine multikulturelle Design Agentur mit Sitz in Lausanne und einem Partnerstudio in New York. Seit 2011 wurden wir für unsere Arbeit mehrfach mit renommierten internationalen Preisen ausgezeichnet und konnten eine nationale und internationale Kundschaft für uns gewinnen, die unsere interdisziplinäre Herangehensweise wertschätzt. Unsere Kompetenz umfasst Corporate Design, Kampagnenumsetzungen und Grafikanimationen, sowie Web- und Applikationsdesign.
- Glücklicherweise erhielten wir 2015 durch Canal+ den Auftrag, die Kampagne für ihre Partnerschaft mit der FSR zu entwickeln. Dies war der Beginn der Zusammenarbeit mit dem Verband. Als Mitglied der “Seoul Wanderers” - beste Rugby Frauenmannschaft Südkoreas - teile ich meine Leidenschaft für Sport und Design. Ich habe der FSR angeboten, ihre visuelle Kommunikation zu bearbeiten. Seither erfreue ich mich einer andauernden Zusammenarbeit.
- Design ist Mannschaftssport. Und Rugby ist gewissermassen Kunst. Beide weisen grosse Ähnlichkeiten auf. Ich würde sagen die Leidenschaft, die Kreativität, die technischen Kompetenzen und nicht zuletzt der Teamspirit. Sei es im Sport oder im Design: hinter jedem Erfolg steckt eine starke Zusammenarbeit und ein energiegeladenes Kreativteam.
- Ich ermuntere jedes Unternehmen, den Schweizer Rugby oder eine andere Sportart, die ihre Leidenschaft mit ihr teilt, zu unterstützen. Es ist eine bereichernde Erfahrung und der Schweizer Rugby bringt Teamspirit, Strategie, technisches Know-How und Durchsetzungsvermögen zusammen.
- Ich bin überzeugt, dass Rugby in der Schweiz zunehmend an Beachtung gewinnen wird und hoffe, dass wir der FSR als Agentur unseren Beitrag zu nachhaltiger Sichtbarkeit leisten können.
David Nicaise, Director of Rugby Store Grenoble, regarding their partnership with the FSR :
- "Rugby Store Grenoble exists for 5 years.
At Rugby Store Grenoble, rugby is a passion and the team master a lot of skills around rugby, service and commerce. Our main customers are distributed on three axes, the fashion (in shop), the players (amateurs or professionals) and the clubs. Our main advantage is that we prefer quality to quantity and that we accompany our customers as close as possible to their needs. We designed an offer around the brand Kappa, a centennial brand, created in 1916. To date, Kappa is a major supplier of the Top14 in France and is delighted to equip via its representative Rugby Store Grenoble, the Swiss Rugby Union.
- Knowing that rugby is in full development in Switzerland, we wanted to become a partner of the FSR because we choose to join the project of evolution of the Federation and Swiss rugby, we support its training policy and we want to share and exchange around the values of rugby. As such, we have concluded a federal offer with the FSR for clubs wishing to equip themselves with the equipment supplier of the national teams.
- The common values between Rugby Store Grenoble is rugby are no longer to be demonstrated and are paramount in the management of our company, namely, solidarity, blend and respect. All this obviously in a convivial and family spirit. Every day that passes is a struggle to advance, one of the fundamental notions of Rugby. At Rugby Store Grenoble this value is the engine of development. Obviously, the spirit of team is also one of the pillars of our internal operation, and allows us to win beautiful victories.
- This season marks the accession of the Nati to the rank of the 18 best European teams. Many changes are to be noted but still a real desire to live an unusual human and sporting adventure. It is for this reason that the sporting partnership is of paramount importance in helping to complete this fabulous project. But the development of other collectives is also a major vector of training and communication. This is why sponsorship must increase exponentially with the support of companies. We therefore encourage business leaders wishing to invest in a business network, to support the Swiss Rugby Union, to show their belonging and their national attachment to the Edelweiss knitted jersey.
- The swiss rugby is a bit at the crossroads, in its will to train young rugbymans and to make them evolve to their best possible level. The site is vast but once again this "crusade" will certainly be a positive point for all the actors of rugby in Switzerland."
Interview of Sébastien Offroy, director of S2O SPORT, concerning its partnership with the Swiss Rugby Union:
"S2O SPORT is a travel agency dedicated to sports teams in the organization of their sport trip : performance trip, travel on competition, festive stays at the end of the season… We know perfectly the needs of the sportsmen, the stakes of the travel for which we are responsible and the importance of the environment and comfort in the progress and the performance. 10 years of experience at the service of amateurs as well as the biggest pros have allowed us to acquire a know-how, a network and a rare efficiency. Based in Geneva, we are managing sport travel around the world for clubs / federations from all over Europe (mainly Swiss, French, Belgium and UK through our sister agency near London) and we are involved with all kind of team sport even if our notoriety has mainly acquired with the rugbymen and the swimmers.
- Why become a Partner of the FSR ?
We become a partner of the FSR in a very natural way and because we attach ourselves to the teams. The FSR has entrusted its first trips to S2O in 2008, starting with a complicated stay in Armenia that goes well. Gradually confidence was established; Certainly the managers, the coaches change but the recognition of the service brought remains. 10 years later, the FSR entrusts the organization of all the trips of its teams to S2O ... But above all S2O has been living with the national team for 10 years in the course of its successive campaigns and as a player, we count our selection: spring 2017, S2O managed 33 travel of the senior national team, S2O has grown and progressed along with them. The link is therefore special and necessarily we want to participate in the improvement of the daily life of its teams
- What are the common values between your company and Rugby?
Of course we have in common respect, solidarity, conviviality ... but in a more specific way and to be more original: we are at the service of the team, we are available, we support, we do not give up Adversity, we assume our successes as our failures
- Would you advise to other companies to support the Swiss rugby?
Before advising them to support, I would advise them above all to come and discover them ... To live with them a competition or a match, to see them live together, fight, lose or win. Talking about the national team, this group is just awesome. 10 years close to them, to see the old ones stopping the tear to the eye, to see the new ones to enter silently and to be integrated in the most beautiful way without jealousy and with an immense goodness. And it is above all to see the history and values of the group being transmitted and invariably staying at the pinnacle despite the turn-over of the years. The group is immense of solidarity, humor, courage, well-being together and it has raised mountains this season thanks to that. While individually, there are still quite a few « trumpets », collectively the group as such takes up all the challenges, takes its responsibilities and is an immense inspiration for the life of every day and for the life of a company. To support Swiss rugby is to participate in this beautiful story and it is also to allow young players to discover and realize themselves.
- How do you see the evolution of the Rugby in Switzerland?
Always through our activity, through the national teams: there are more and more team engaged, girls / boys, at XV to VII, senior, U20, U18 ... and participating in more and more European competitions, often with more and more success. For the first time in its history, Swiss Rugby is entering in the top 30 in the world. It confirms that the work of all makes sense, many players of teams in all categories are issued from the Swiss clubs. There is a real pleasure in taking and giving support to Swiss rugby."
Switzerland has been affiliated to Rugby Europe (formerly FIRA-AER: Fédération International de Rugby Amateur - European Association of Rugby) since 1974. Under the authority of the IRB, Rugby Europe organises the European Nations Cup, the European championship in the U18, U20, and Sevens Categories, and the Seven’s Grand Prix Series.
Swiss Olympic is at the same time the national Olympic committee of Switzerland and the key association of Swiss Sports Federations, which represents both Olympic and non-Olympic disciplines. It finances the Swiss anti-doping foundation which supplies services on mandate of Swiss Olympic and the federal office of sport, with the aim of contributing to fight against doping fight in sport.
Rugby will be re-introduced into the Programme of the Olympic Games in 2016, making its first appearance in Rio, with a Men's and Women's Sevens Tournament.
The Swiss Rugby Federation has been a member of World Rugby (ex IRB) since 1988. World Rugby is the international governing body for the sport of rugby, responsible for the organisation of the rugby world cup, the junior rugby championship, the 7’s world cup, the IRB Sevens World Series, the Pacific nations Cup, and many other events.
“Youth & Sport” is the federal organisation which promotes sports to young people. All of our coaches and instructors have followed a specialised education in the field of rugby with “Youth & Sport” and are certified through the programme. Our coaches and instructors have the obligation to complete a continuing education programme to keep up-to-date in order to participate in championships and tournaments.
The FSR would like to thank Maurizio Monticelli, programmer of this website, for his work and creativity.