The national training camps for our U16/U18 girls continue this season: More often, more coordinated, and with hopefully many more girls!
The camps are open for all levels of rugby. Players should be affiliated with a club and are asked to get their FSR-license to become part of the programme.
- 08.10.2017 > Lausanne (Chavannes-près-Renens)
- 12.11.2017 > Bern (Allmend)
Spring dates now confirmed:
- 25.02.18 - training camp, for girls born in : 2000-2006 à Gland (La Côte).
- 18.03.18 - training camp, for girls born in : 2000-2006 (Fribourg)
- 28.04.18 - training camp, for girls born in : 2000-2006 (Bern)
- 10.05.18 : Tournoi du Léman (tournoi 7' franco-suisse open to our young ones born in 2003 to 2005) in Nyon.
- 27.05.18 : training camp, for girls born in : 2000-2006 in Palézieux (Haute-Broye).
- 16-17.06.18 : Swiss women’s rugby festival, Geneva
- 23-24.06.2018 : International 7’s tournament in Heidelberg, U18 (séléction)
Age groups 2017-18 season (they all qualify for these U16/U18 national training camps):
- 2006 > U12
- 2005 > U14
- 2004 > U14
- 2003 > U16
- 2002 > U16
- 2001 > U18
- 2000 > U18
THE NATIONAL TRAINING CAMPS ARE THE BEST OPTION FOR GIRLS AGED 14 - 17 TO PLAY THEIR AGE GRADE RUGBY IN SWITZERLAND
For more information, please get in touch with email@example.com
Coaches: RICO Diego (RC Zug) / MUELHOFER Veronika (FSR)
Consulting Coach: TCHA-TCHIBARA Malick (Women's 7s national team head-coach)
Manager: HERRMANN Christa, ALBERTONI Sylvie
The FSR is working hard towards creating a running competition for our U16- and U18-girls in Switzerland.
Girls aged 14 and 15 (U16 category for the running season) have to play with the U14-boys.
Girls aged 16 and 17 (U18 category for the running season) can play with the senior teams in the senior competitions, provided they pass an official age upgrade consisting of multiple tests to ensure their safety.
Please consult the documents section (scroll down) to learn more about age upgrades.
U16/U18 girls' national training camps were introduced in 2016 and proved to be a big success with 20-35 participants from all corners of Switzerland at each camp. These regular training camps allow for the girls to regularly train and play with and against girls of their age grade.
The hard work of all girls & clubs involved throughout the U16/U18 programme in the first season running allowed us to send two national selection teams to international tournaments:
*our U16-ladies travelled to the TREVISO invitational tournament for Easter
(result: A great performance playing for 5th place AND the tournament's fair play award)
*our U18-ladies travelled to the PARIS WORLD GAMES early July. Tournament report to follow shortly
If you wish to get involved with this programme, we're looking for volunteers - many tasks need to be filled and there is one which matches your talents, guaranteed! Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org