CANAL+ Switzerland has existed for more than 18 years and belongs to the CANAL+ Group, leader in the broadcasting of premium and thematic channels along with the distribution of pay-TV offerings.
The CANAL+ Group broadcasts six premium channels with modern, entertaining and committed programmes. It offers a unique format of universal channel, including cinema, sport, news, fiction, documentary and entertainment.
The Group is also a reference player in the free-to-air television with its three French channels - D8, D17, iTélé - and its advertising sales house.
Moreover, with STUDIOCANAL, the CANAL+ Group is a European leader in the production and distribution of cinema films and television series.
Brice Daumin, Director of CANAL+ Switzerland, regarding their partnership with the FSR :
- "CANAL+ is a historic broadcaster of rugby. Since its inception more than 30 years ago, CANAL+ has covered the sport and has contributed to the professionalization of French rugby and to the development of TOP 14.
Its coverage of rugby events clearly enhanced the viewer’s experience thanks to its image processing, commentators’ expertise and the relevance of their reviews.
CANAL+ Switzerland logically decided to partner with FSR in order to participate in the development and promotion of this sport on the Swiss territory.
- Rugby is one of the pillar Sports in the Group’s policy, together with Football, Golf and Motor Sports. CANAL+ has covered rugby since its founding more than 30 years ago and has the will to continue being part of its development.
- The CANAL+ Group deals with its flagship themes - cinema, sport, series - with passion and handles information with rigour and integrity.
Its trademark - an irreverent and off-the-wall tone, premium image processing and appealing editorial content - conveys the desire to put the viewer at the heart of its concerns, in order to bring to him a unique moment of pleasure and entertainment.
CANAL+ Switzerland commits itself with respect alongside the FSR, eager to participate in the development of this team sport and contribute to the promotion of its values."
DHL Express, FSR’s partner since 2014, is part of the DHL company. It is one of the biggest mail delivery and logistics companies in the world. The subsidiary DHL "Express” transports urgent documents and goods door to door in a timely and reliable fashion in more than 220 countries.
Its objective is to simplify its clients’ life and to facilitate their success as well as that of their own employees and investors. The Swiss Rugby Union is excited about its association with DHL “Express” Switzerland.
Brigitte Koch, Marketing Communication Manager of DHL Express (Switzerland) Ltd, regarding their partnership with the FSR:
- "DHL Express is the offical FSR’s logistics partner since July 2014.
- DHL and Rugby are having a longstanding relationship since we were for example Official Logistics Partner of the Rugby Worldcup in 2011 and again of the next Cup in 2015. We see tremendous synergies between a sport that is built on teamwork, passion and the will to succeed and the values that we strive to bring to life every day for our customers. We would like to show these similarities also in the local Swiss market since our international success is built on the local strength of our teams and the market they work in. Therefore FSR is the right partner for us to emphasize these core values and our common sense for commitment to excellence.
- We see a lot of common core values between DHL and Rugby: teamwork, passion, will to succeed, speed and accuracy to name only a few. These values are in our view outstanding for Rugby and our daily engagement to deliver excellence to our customers."
Ecoservices SA, FSR’s partner since 2012, is a firm active in environmental and safety engineering. Nowadays, Ecoservices counts 26 employees in the Leman region.
They take care of environmental protection and workplace safety in construction projects of high importance (coordination of safety measures for construction of the CEVA in Geneva, reinforcement of the viaduct of Chillon in the canton of Vaud, reinforcement of the construction of Emosson’s dam in the canton of Valais, soil remediation in Geneva, …) Ecoservices is also specialised in the research of dangerous substances in buildings (for example asbestos) and is a known professional training centre. We thank Ecoservices for its commitment to Swiss Rugby.
Eric Dubouloz, Co-Director of Ecoservices SA, regarding their partnership with the FSR:
- "Ecoservices SA is the FSR’s partner since 2012, for a duration of 4 years.
- Ecoservices shares the principal values of rugby including integrity, passion, solidarity, discipline and respect, but also shares commitments to safety and game spirit. These come before the rules themselves. In addition, I myself used to be a player, and am now active as a referee.
- I would strongly recommend for other companies to join us in supporting rugby and particularly the FSR financially. Rugby is a great team game, a sport where the goals are not individual but team-oriented, which permits to highlight strength, subtlety and intelligence of every player to go forward together.
- Switzerland will certainly remain a "small" rugby nation for a long time, but I hope that the clubs will continue growing with more women, more young players, and an ever-increasing warm public. This way, the school of life that is rugby will continue to benefit many more enthusiasts, young and old".
David Nicaise, Director of Rugby Store Grenoble, regarding their partnership with the FSR :
- "Rugby Store Grenoble exists for 5 years.
At Rugby Store Grenoble, rugby is a passion and the team master a lot of skills around rugby, service and commerce. Our main customers are distributed on three axes, the fashion (in shop), the players (amateurs or professionals) and the clubs. Our main advantage is that we prefer quality to quantity and that we accompany our customers as close as possible to their needs. We designed an offer around the brand Kappa, a centennial brand, created in 1916. To date, Kappa is a major supplier of the Top14 in France and is delighted to equip via its representative Rugby Store Grenoble, the Swiss Rugby Union.
- Knowing that rugby is in full development in Switzerland, we wanted to become a partner of the FSR because we choose to join the project of evolution of the Federation and Swiss rugby, we support its training policy and we want to share and exchange around the values of rugby. As such, we have concluded a federal offer with the FSR for clubs wishing to equip themselves with the equipment supplier of the national teams.
- The common values between Rugby Store Grenoble is rugby are no longer to be demonstrated and are paramount in the management of our company, namely, solidarity, blend and respect. All this obviously in a convivial and family spirit. Every day that passes is a struggle to advance, one of the fundamental notions of Rugby. At Rugby Store Grenoble this value is the engine of development. Obviously, the spirit of team is also one of the pillars of our internal operation, and allows us to win beautiful victories.
- This season marks the accession of the Nati to the rank of the 18 best European teams. Many changes are to be noted but still a real desire to live an unusual human and sporting adventure. It is for this reason that the sporting partnership is of paramount importance in helping to complete this fabulous project. But the development of other collectives is also a major vector of training and communication. This is why sponsorship must increase exponentially with the support of companies. We therefore encourage business leaders wishing to invest in a business network, to support the Swiss Rugby Union, to show their belonging and their national attachment to the Edelweiss knitted jersey.
- The swiss rugby is a bit at the crossroads, in its will to train young rugbymans and to make them evolve to their best possible level. The site is vast but once again this "crusade" will certainly be a positive point for all the actors of rugby in Switzerland."
Minerva International Tutors - a division of Minerva Tutors Ltd - offers professional private tutoring services to families in Switzerland and around the world. We provide specialist residential tutors and educational advice for non UK residents wishing their children to take entrance exams to top British independent schools at 7+, 11+, 13+ and 16+.
Whether they are hired to stay with the family for a week, 6 months or one year, our tutors are dedicated to providing a world-class education for all age groups and exam boards, including GCSE, IGCSE, A LEVEL and IB. They are trained to motivate, encourage and inspire their pupils to success; success in the classroom and the world beyond. Our Universities team also offers consultancy, tuition and interview training for entrance to Oxbridge, Cambridge, UCL and other top British Universities. For those seeking to apply to American Universities we have a dedicated team of American University Consultants, who will help you make the right decisions with your choices. Our professional SAT tutors also provide specific SAT training and tuition.
For more information please call our London office on 0208 819 3276
Hugh Viney, Director of Minerva Tutors Ltd, regarding their partnership with the FSR :
- "We have been a partner with the Federation of Suisse Rugby since the start of 2015.
- We chose to support rugby because it has always been both my favourite sport to play and to watch. At the age of 7 I joined Hove Rugby Club in Sussex and played competitively throughout my education, until I was 18, where I captained the 1st XV at Stowe School.
- While I no longer play competitive rugby I still enjoy regularly watching it on TV or - when I get the chance - at Twickenham. I am very much looking forward to watching England play Wales at Twickenham in the group stages of the 2015 World Cup.
- As well as valuing discipline, organisation and teamwork highly, our tutors have 3 key goals with their pupils: to motivate, encourage and inspire. A rugby coach will have the same goals with his or her players.
- Furthermore, whilst a great coach will inspire victories on the pitch, and a Minerva Tutor will inspire results in the classroom; both inspire success in the world beyond".
Yona Lee, Director of YONA LEE DESIGN STUDIO, regarding their partnership with the FSR :
We are a multicultural design agency in Lausanne with a partner studio in New York. We specialize in branding, corporate identity, advertising, motion graphics, as well as web design and mobile apps. Over the years, we've created works that won international awards and recognition, but most importantly, made our growing number of clients happy.
- I was immediately excited to take the project on as I am passionate about rugby and design - it seemed like a perfect match. In my youth I was part of the very first women's rugby team in South Korea, so the sport is very close to my heart.
- Design is a team sport. And rugby is an art. Between the two, there's lots of common ground. I would say passion, creativity, technical skills, and team work. Behind any great result - in sport or in design - there is a dedicated team of hard-working, creative people, full of energy.
- I would encourage other companies to support Suisse Rugby or any other sport of their passion. In my case, it is Suisse Rugby because I believe that rugby is a dynamic sport, where teamwork, strategy, creativity, technical know-hows and perseverance all come into place.
- I hope rugby in Switzerland will continue to grow its fan base, and that our support will play a role in improving FSR’s visibility.
The Swiss Rugby Federation has been a member of World Rugby (ex IRB) since 1988. World Rugby is the international governing body for the sport of rugby, responsible for the organisation of the rugby world cup, the junior rugby championship, the 7’s world cup, the IRB Sevens World Series, the Pacific nations Cup, and many other events.
Switzerland has been affiliated to Rugby Europe (formerly FIRA-AER: Fédération International de Rugby Amateur - European Association of Rugby) since 1974. Under the authority of the IRB, Rugby Europe organises the European Nations Cup, the European championship in the U18, U20, and Sevens Categories, and the Seven’s Grand Prix Series.
Swiss Olympic is at the same time the national Olympic committee of Switzerland and the key association of Swiss Sports Federations, which represents both Olympic and non-Olympic disciplines. It finances the Swiss anti-doping foundation which supplies services on mandate of Swiss Olympic and the federal office of sport, with the aim of contributing to fight against doping fight in sport.
Rugby will be re-introduced into the Programme of the Olympic Games in 2016, making its first appearance in Rio, with a Men's and Women's Sevens Tournament.
“Youth & Sport” is the federal organisation which promotes sports to young people. All of our coaches and instructors have followed a specialised education in the field of rugby with “Youth & Sport” and are certified through the programme. Our coaches and instructors have the obligation to complete a continuing education programme to keep up-to-date in order to participate in championships and tournaments.
The FSR would like to thank Maurizio Monticelli, programmer of this website, for his work and creativity.