After 2 years without being able to play or award a championship, it was great to see the Suisse Rugby family reunited for this 2022 Suisse Rugby Finals Day in Yverdon.
8 Finals for 9 champions, a U14 Tournament and 16 clubs represented … this 2022 edition was a great popular success. Close to 2000 players and spectators joined in a stunning weather for this Suisse Rugby showcase.
The first main event of the Day was the LNFA Finals between the Mermigans (defending champions) and the Luzern Dangels. In front of a large and very supportive crowd, both teams offered a great match of rugby with skills, engagement and character, which Luzern finally won by 19 to 8. And when you mention engagement and character, it’s often Oumou Barry who’s leading the pack, and who was therefore elected as MVP of the Game by the Swiss Women’s coaching staff.
The next game of the main pitch was the LNB Final. Both teams fought toe to toe for the championship and it was only an amazing 80-minutes fight, that Lugano finally scored the winning penalty kick to win the 2022 Swiss LNB trophy. RFC Basel was great contender and was rewarded by the MVP Trophy which was given to Daniel Zinsstag by the Swiss Men’s coaching staff.
And to conclude this brillant day of rugby, 34 years after their last LNA title, it was RC Yverdon who won the 2022 edition of the LNA Championship, despite a great second half by RC Geneve Plan les Ouates who contested the win all the way up the final minutes. In that game, Blessing Motaung was designated as the well deserved MVP, but the Swiss Men’s coaching staff also awarded the Eric Melville, for the most combative player, to Vincent Viennet.
A very warm thank you to Vincent Piguet, President of RC Yverdon, and to his whole Organisation Committee (and in particular to Michel Maillard), for putting up such a nice event.
- U16 - Zug RC 97 - 00 Northern Lions
- U18 - Zug RC 48 - 19 Northern Lions
- LNFB - RFC Basel 32 - 12 Salamanders
- Exc A - Stade Lausanne 2 26 - 11 GC Zurich 2
- LNC - Albaladejo RCL 28 - 22 Zug RC
- LNB - Rugby Lugano 25 - 22 RFC Basel
- LNFA - Luzern Dangels 19 - 08 Mermigans
- LNA - RC Yverdon 37 - 29 RC Geneve PLO
And the MVPs of each games:
- U16 - Leonard Duport (Zug RC)
- U18 - Jens Stuker (Northern Lions - RC Bern)
- LNFB - Emma Keller (RFC Basel)
- Exc A - Alan Coudray (Stade Lausanne)
- LNC - Geoffrey Pelletier (Albaladejo RCL)
- LNB - Daniel Zinsstag (RFC Basel)
- LNFA - Oumou Barry (Luzern Dangels)
- LNA - Blessing Motaung (RC Yverdon)